This late-summer camp recipe for Brunswick stew makes a meal that’s hearty, delicious, and one the whole family will love. It’s easy to throw together in a Dutch oven, making great use of the outdoor kitchen in your new or used RV. Or, make it inside using a slow cooker. Whichever way you make it, it will quickly become a go-to camp recipe.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Dutch oven or Crock Pot
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 10-oz cans chunk chicken breast, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 5-oz cans chicken broth
- 2 5-oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 25-oz can lima beans, drained
- 1 15-oz can English peas, drained
- 1 75-oz can creamed corn
- 1 16-oz bottle BBQ sauce
- This recipe doesn’t get any easier! Simply combine all ingredients except the BBQ sauce in Dutch oven or slow cooker.
- If using Dutch oven, bring to a boil first, then reduce heat to medium. If using slow cooker, cook on low 4-6 hours.
- When potatoes are tender, add entire bottle of BBQ sauce and stir well to combine. Remove from heat 20 minutes before serving. Serves 6.
One perfect side for Brunswick stew is cornbread, so keep a cornbread mix handy – it won’t take up much room in your RV’s kitchen pantry, and can be baked while the stew is removed from heat.
You’ll notice that all of the ingredients for the Brunswick stew are dry or canned goods, except for the butter. This makes it an ideal camping recipe because you don’t have to worry about perishables.
Start planning your late summer and early fall camping trips now in a new or used RV! We can help you pick the perfect unit for your family’s needs, including exactly what you need in an RV kitchen. Contact us today!