My family and I are heading out for a camping trip next weekend – and this family-favorite easy camping recipe will be coming with us! It’s easy, hearty, and delicious. Plus, it cleans up as quickly as it assembles, and leftovers (if there ARE any!) are perfect reheated for breakfast the next day.
Cheesy Potatoes & Sausage
- 1 lb fully cooked beef sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6-8 small-medium red potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Paprika and ground thyme to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 Tbs cooking oil
Tools you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Large mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place diced sausage, potatoes, and onion and in bowl.
- Drizzle the mixture lightly with cooking oil and toss to coat.
- Season with paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper, all to taste.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spread the mixture on top.
- Slide in the oven and roast until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20-25 minutes, stirring about halfway through to redistribute and prevent the sticking from sticking.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, cover the mixture generously with the cheese. Remove from heat and allow the cheese to melt into it before serving. Enjoy!
This is a perfect camping recipe for year-round weather. It’s great on cool spring and fall nights as well as at the end of long summer days. If you don’t want to heat up the kitchen, you can also cook it in a Dutch oven directly over the campfire.
One of the things I love most about this easy camping recipe is how simple it is to make. Making a meal plan for your vacation or camping trips might feel a bit complicated at first, especially if you’re new to RVing and aren’t sure how to maximize on all the features of your new or used RV. We can help you pick out the right RV for your family’s needs and help you get started in your new adventures. Contact us today!