Spring is finally here! The sun is shining the birds are chirping….and your RV is not quite right. You love your home on wheels, but if she needs a little TLC this Spring, head on over to Oklahoma RV Center’s Service Center for help. It’s even easy to get a quote online. Just fill out the form and we will be in touch quicker than you can say “Busted taillight”!
There are a few things you can do to keep up with maintenance on your RV. Here is a handy list to keep you on track to a “maintenance free” season with your RV:
1. Check your fluid levels, your battery and all lights and flashers.
2. Check your tires and your brakes. (Especially if you are heading into the mountains!)
3. Check your generator: Cleanliness of the generating set as it affects efficiency, service the air cleaner and check the oil level.
4. Make sure the flame is blue on your refrigerator when you turn on the gas. Nothing is worse than a fridge full of spoiled food!
5. Check your air conditioning to make sure the filters are clean and nothing is blocking air flow.
While doing a few maintenance items on your own can save a little time and definitely keep some cash in your wallet, there are a few things you should leave to the professionals including:
Annual engine maintenance: Changing the oil and filter, all fuel filters, coolant filter if needed, a complete visual check of all systems including belts and a complete lubrication.
Tires: Depending on how many trips you take, tires should last 4-5 years. At that point, get them replaced. No one wants to spend their vacation with a flat on the side of the road.
And finally, if you want to space your maintenance out a little bit, here is a great list of items that only need to be done every so often. Spacing out these items will help save your RV maintenance budget and assure that you won’t be stranded on the side of the road.
Try working these items in every two years or so to keep your RV in tip-top shape!
- Brakes and air system
- Coolant flush
- Spark plugs
- Fuel filters
- Rotate tires
If you aren’t sure about doing maintenance yourself or need help on a bigger, er, problem before the Memorial Day holiday, we are here for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!