One of my family’s all-time favorite camping recipes is Taco Soup. Not only is it extremely easy to make in your new or used RV, but it’ll quickly become an at-home favorite, too. So whether you’re at home or on the road, cozy up with a bowl of this amazing soup!
This one-pot wonder is a snap to make, and most of the ingredients are pantry staples. Fix it on any night you need to warm up from the inside out!
- 2 pounds ground beef (don’t like beef? Substitute cooked, shredded chicken breast instead)
- 1-2 envelopes taco seasoning (use a little or use a lot!)
- 1 envelope Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans cream corn
- 2 cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ½ oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, corn chips
- First, brown the beef in a skillet over medium-high heat, crumbling it as you go. Drain off the fat and discard. If you’re using chicken instead, cook it through and shred with a fork. Place cooked meat directly into slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients. (Seriously, this is one of those “add all ingredients together” recipes. It couldn’t be easier!)
- Heat on low for 4 hours.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
This fantastic and easy camping recipe feels and looks like a chili but tastes like tacos. Adjust the seasonings the way you like – want more zip? Add 2 packets of taco seasoning or a 4 oz can of green chilies. Want more bean variety? Throw in a can or two of your favorites. It’s really hard to mess this one up!
This camping recipe for Taco Soup is also perfect to get going in the morning after you clear the breakfast dishes and before you head out for a day of fun. Just kick the slower cooker to low heat around noon and when you get back to your new or used RV later, dinner is ready!
We’d love to help you pick out the ideal RV for your family’s needs, or get the one you have ready for the road this year. Contact us today!